- The Night Hike to Henninger Flats for December 15 , 16 and 17. Final hike prep will be on Tuesday, December 12. Departure will be at 5:30 PM on Friday from the Scout House. A Wide Area Adventure Game is planned for the weekend that will have each Patrol demonstrating their Scouting skills.
- Most of the registration fees have been received. The mailings were successful in getting the checks returned. Significant donations were made to the Friends of Troop 849 that give the Troop fiscal flexibility.
- There will be no Group and Patrol meetings on December 19.
- There are no Eagle projects scheduled for the remainder of the year.
There are no Eagle projects scheduled for the remainder of the year.
- The venue for the Rocket Hike on January 20-21 has been changed to Ricardo Campground in the Red Rocks area north of Mojave. The campground is more primitive than the Group Camp at Saddleback Butte.
- The publicity directed at second year Webelo Scouts will begin soon for the Rocket Hike. The Troop invites second year Webelos and their parents from the Cub Scout Packs to join this Hike to introduce the Webelos to the Troop.
- The committee conducted an Eagle Board of Review and endorsed an Eagle Scout candidate for his advancement to Eagle.
- There is a tentative Eagle Project on January 27-28. The scout will be contacted for the status.
- An Eagle project is scheduled for February 10 & 11 at the Manhattan Beach Botanical Gardens. February 24 & 25 are the backup dates if we have inclement weather on the primary dates.
Discussions of Past Events
- The Bike Hike was successful with a large participation. The committee discussed the need for bear awareness in the local mountains.
- The Philmont phone in was very successful. As a result, we have a trek reservation for up to 24 scouts and adults from August 10 to August 20, 2002. Scouts who are 14 or have completed the 8th grade are eligible for this trek. The Troop will need four to six adult advisors for the trip and will be putting together the group over the next fifteen months. Thanks to everyone who helped with the phone in.
Other Discussion Items
- Blue/Green activities were reviewed. It was noted there are still some issues that chiefly revolve around improving communications. If there are issues or concerns regarding the new Troop alignment, please bring them forth by notifying a Scoutmaster, the Committee Chair or by attending the next Troop Committee meeting.
- Plans were laid for the flyers for summer camp to be mailed out the week of December 11. Scouts planning to attend either Chawanakee Camp or Emerald Bay Camp will need to sign up and pay a $100 deposit on or before January 2nd.
- The preliminary 2001 Troop Calendar was reviewed and the 2001 calendar was set. Several activities have not been assigned to an adult leader. We need additional adults to take charge of some of the planned activities.
The next Troop Committee Meeting will be Thursday, January 4th, 2001, at American Martyrs School at 7:30 PM.
Back to Troop Committee page
Contents of this page provided by Leigh Noda.
Made on Macintosh.
©2007 Boy Scout Troop 849, Manhattan Beach, CA. http://www.troop849.org/